- The laundry is piled up and overflowing in the closet. How does a family of three create so much laundry in just 2 days?!
- We have pets. 2 dogs & 2 cats. The house needs to be vacuumed twice a day. You can only imagine the amount of hair I’m currently breathing in.
- The baby must have gotten into the shoe rack because I tripped over a flip flop in the kitchen this morning
- A mans idea of the kitchen being cleaned is no dishes in the sink. It’ll be my job to tackle the stuck food & grease that is on the counters.
We’ve all seen the parenting fail photos all over the internet. You know the ones; the mom taking half naked selfies while her baby is in the bathtub behind her. Well, I wanted to talk about my personal parenting fails. They aren’t quite like those but still give me quite the laugh when I look back on them.
I’m a first time mom. Before my son, I changed 2 diapers. Exactly 2. I held a baby for maybe a total of 15 minutes. I was inexperienced to say the least but not worried about it. I believed (and still do) that you just have a natural instinct with your children that allows you to take care of them. That being said, just like all other parents (wether they admit it or not) I screw up 🙂
These are a few of my personal favorite “whoops!” moments
- Everett was 2 days old. He was so fussy and just wouldn’t let me put him down. I had to PEE. You know the kind of urgency… if you don’t go RIGHT THEN you’ll be going to change your pants. So I have him in my arms, I run to the bathroom, turn the corner too quick and BAM! His head is in the wall.
- We were out grocery shopping when he was just a few weeks old. I took him out of his carseat to carry him for a while then placed him back into the seat once he was asleep. I didn’t want to wake him up buckling him and since he wasn’t moving at all during this stage, I didn’t worry about it. Paid for the groceries. Put him in the car. Drove home. TOTALLY UNBUCKLED. Shit.
- This one has happened quite a few times… I forget to tighten the top nipple part of his bottle and end up dumping 4-6 ounces of formula on my kid.
- This next one my husband and I are both guilty of. We took him out of his carrier which we set on the couch. Lifted him up in excitement and hit his head on the light fixture. We have low ceilings.
- Ever buy the wrong size diaper and don’t realize it until you put them on and they pee up through it? I have.
- I enrolled Everett in swim lessons at 6 months. He was still very YOUNG but it was something for us to go and do during the week and I really enjoyed them. Our first lesson we were instructed to place them on their bellies and as I was moving my hand down from his chest he went and dunked his entire head under water. I got dirty looks from other parents who were watching. The instructor just laughed.
I’d love to hear your stories 🙂
I just don’t feel like I’m at my best without a shower and a very short routine. Like every other mom, it’s really hard for me to find time for myself but I really try my best on a daily basis. I’m lucky enough that my husband comes home for lunch so pretty much everyday I hop in the shower. Did you know that it isn’t good to wash your hair everyday? This is a blessing. I have very thick and curly hair [hate it] so it doesn’t get greasy looking quick. After the quick shower I lotion up and apply my face. “My face” consists of mascara [this is a must] and my favorite new product made my Tarte. It’s a BB cream and seriously takes tired looking dull skin to GORGEOUS. If I’m feeling up to it, a little eyeliner.