Potty training is one of those times in raising your children that can be quite frustrating and stressful. Sometimes what works for one child isn’t going to work for the next and it can be a complete trial and error type of situation. It can be hard on the child and hard on the parent when things aren’t going exactly how you want them too. Lets face it, nothing in parenting is considered easy but Pampers Easy Ups are here to help things go as smooth as possible!
My oldest son is about to be 4 years old. I tried potty training him when he was just over two because he was giving me tons of signs that he was ready for that adventure. He wasn’t. It was days of accidents, frustration, and stress. I decided to wait a while for him to flat out tell me he was ready and always gave him the option to go on the potty. Finally, one day it just clicked. I rewarded him with stickers and it was pretty smooth sailing. Except for nighttime. Here we are at almost 4 years old with no signs of being ready to get up in the middle of the night for potty breaks. He was getting so upset when I’d put another brand of pull up on him at night because he “wasn’t a baby and didn’t want to wear a diaper.” I’m so thankful that we’ve found Pampers Easy Ups because they really do feel like underwear and there is so much less complaining!
Now, Aria, my youngest just turned two in June. She’s a little more ready than he was at her age. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that she’s a girl or because she watches her big brother go but we’re introducing the potty and she’s a lot more interested. She was so excited to wear her “Dora” undies!
Like I mentioned above, they really do feel like underwear! They have an extremely soft waistband that doesn’t dig into the skin. Both my kids have no problems pulling them up or down by themselves either which is great for their independence. They also hold up to accidents which is extremely important to me. No more washing sheets every morning or changing outfits when there is a slip up!
Potty Training Tips from Dr. Tanya Altmann
Dr. Altmann is a pediatrician and a mom to three of her own children. She has some great tips on the potty training process! I’ve tried quite a few of these with great success and plan to implement more into the routine with Aria as we continue on this journey.
- Get your child excited about wearing underwear!
- Have patience.
- Look for signs that your child is ready.
- Lead by example. [I know it can be awkward to have your child in the bathroom with you and sometimes we need some peace but they really do learn by example!]
- Be positive and make it fun! [stickers worked so well here!]
Why Should You Choose Pampers Easy Ups in the Potty Training Process?
- They really do feel like real underwear but still provide excellent protection against the dreaded leak! I really think that if the pull on protection a child is using feels like a diaper than they’re going to treat it like a diaper!
- They come in such adorable patterns that children actually want to wear! They feature Thomas the Train Engine™, Dora the Explorer™, and now Hello Kitty™.
- They are really easy for little hands to pull up and down! I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw how independent both of my kids were in them!
You can snag a coupon for $2 off a pack of Pampers Easy Ups here!
Now for the giveaway, enter below for your chance to win a pack of Easy Ups, a copy of the book “The Mommy Shorts Guide to Remarkably Average Parenting” by Ilana Wile, and a $50 American Express Gift card!